Happy Halloween! I wanted to bring you one last smoothie post this week to make sure you have enough to fuel your fire for this Halloween day! Look at these little tangerine jack-o-lanterns! Q nearly died when he saw them! So easy to do!
Halloween is so much more exciting again now that we have kids. And by exciting, I mean a long, tedious, 4 hours that tests my patience for my child and all other young human beings on this planet. It’s going to be a long night. But – it only comes once a year so I better enjoy the smile on my child’s face while he is out trick-o-treating. Or the way he gets electrified when he puts on his costume. He’s Spider-Man, of course. For the third year in a row…Wish us luck…:/
1. Yes, I’m really telling you to use the beet green in this drink.
2. Make sure your beets are nice and fresh to avoid the greens tasting too bitter.
3. Raw is the way to go. When you cook your beet you lose the high amount of vitamin C in this root veggie which will help you through the upcoming cold & flu season.
4. Don’t be scare…try it!
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 serving of Bodacious Berry Vega Protein Smoothie Powder
- 1 small beet, raw, chopped
- beet greens (leaves), chopped
- TANGERINE JACK-O-LANTERNS
- 1 tangerine
- 1 skewer
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- FOR THE JACK-O-LANTERN
- Cut the tangerine in half, scoop out the centre.
- Take a sharp, fine blade knife and carve whatever face you feel like.
- Skewer the carved jack-o-lantern and place in smoothie as decoration!