Well, I will apologize for the lack of posts lately. I had every intention to have a couple of posts up before I had this baby but, didn’t happen! So we will just roll with it and pretend I haven’t skipped a beat! However, I am happy to announce that I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl last week and I am back home recovering. So far we are both doing well!
I have for you a super easy, kid friendly, school friendly granola bar recipe that will become a staple in your pantry. Gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, vegan and packed full of fiber – these are truly a guilt-free snack. And you all know how much I love food that tastes good and comes with not guilt – right?
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp chia seeds soaked in ½ cup water
- 1½ cups gluten-free oats
- ¾ cup brown rice puffs
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- ¾ cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place on parchment paper. Take another piece of parchment paper and place on top of mixture. Using a rolling-pin, roll the mix out into an even layer, making sure that it is packed nice and tight.
- Bake for 35-40mins until crisp. Cut the bars as soon as they come out of the oven and set aside to cool before eating. Store in air tight container for the week.