Snow! Snow! Snow! Snow! SNOW! It won’t be long before we’ll all be there with snow! This morning when we woke up and looked out the window, we could finally see snow on the mountains. Beautiful.
My all time most favourite Christmas movie has to be White Christmas. Every time I watch that film it puts me in the mood. For Christmas, that is. The music is great in it, the acting is fantastic and classic and the dancing just tops it all off! I just love it.
There is one other holiday movie I just love to pieces: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carey version). I first saw that movie with my friend Sarah when we were in University. Us, grown adults, went to a matinée show and swooned through out at the Who’s, laughed at the hilarious jokes and felt completely giddy when we walked out of the theater. It was amazing. Now, when I watch it I get that same giddy feeling.
These little men turned out…OK. I could not seem to grasp working with the melted chocolate for the details, how ever I find it makes them look more authentic – wouldn’t you agree? I know, I know, they look a little more Halloween than Christmas. Some of them are wearing ties because I had too much chocolate on my knife to make three buttons. I was getting creative. I swear It was also 2am…
Snow! Men Cakes
- make cake according to recipe on my Tiramisu Lady Fingers recipe.
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, shredded
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 13 large toothpicks
- 13 goji berries
- Pre-heat oven at 350°.
- Lightly oil mini muffin tins with coconut oil or olive oil. Place cake batter in mini muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 mins. Place on cooling racks to cool.
- In a small sauce pan, heat chocolate, 1 tsp maple syrup and 1/2 tsp coconut oil until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl for decorating.
- Mix 4 tbsp of maple syrup & 4 tbsp water together in a bowl. Set aside for coating of the cakes.
- Once mini cakes are cool, take 13 of the largest ones and dip bottom into melted chocolate. This will give the Snowmen some weight. Set aside on rack to harden.
- In the mean time, take remaining mini cakes and coat first with the maple glaze, then coat in shredded coconut. This will be messy but never fear, the coconut will eventually stick.
- Once the bottoms have cooled, coat the remaining exposed area with maple glaze and then coat in the shredded coconut. Place the bottoms in mini paper muffin cups. Stick a toothpick in the center.
- Build 2 more mini cakes on each “man”, reserving smaller cakes for the heads. Take your melted chocolate and dot eye and buttons. Place goji berry for a nose.
- Cover and leave at room temperature until ready to serve.